Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Slow Motion Videos - Canon Powershot SX40 HS

I recently gifted myself an Advanced Point & Shoot Camera from Canon called the Canon Powershot SX40 HS on my birthday (Yeah, I have this habit of gifting myself with something on my birthday). One cool feature of this camera is that it can record videos in Slow Motion. I'm not an expert on cameras, nor I'm a professional photographer or videographer. So I won't be talking much about the camera or any other technical aspect.

The purpose of this blog post is to only show some of the test videos that myself and my friend shot during one of our recent Road trip. Canon Powershot SX40 HS allows you to take Slow Motion Videos in two different settings.
  1. 120 fps (frames per second) : Videos are shot at 120 fps and playback at 30 fps; gives a video resolution of 640 x 480.
  2. 240 fps  (frames per second) : Videos are shot at 240 fps and playback at 30 fps; gives a video resolution of 320 x 240.
We had taken many small clips and combined it and made 4 videos. All the editing has been done in Windows Live Movie Maker. Below are the videos that I have compiled. Enjoy watching it.
  • This video is of some Eagle and other birds flying. I've joined couple of video clips in this, few of which were shot at 120 fps and few at 240 fps.
  • We stopped in a village where few kids were playing and taking bath in a small pond. They happily agreed to show their tricks, and helped us shooting this video. Few clips in this video are shot at 120 fps whereas few as shot at 240 fps.
  • Next two videos are of some riding shots on our Motorcycles. Complete video is shot in 120 fps. The first one is of me riding my 2011 Honda CBR 250R and the second video is my friend Niranjan Prasad riding his 2012 KTM Duke 200.


Hope you liked our amateur attempt of shooting videos in Slow Motion.

2 comments:

Nishanth N said...

Fantastic Sudeep.. THe Diving and CBR shots have come out great!

Sudeep P Nambiar said...

@Nishanth - Thanks! :)